How i got into TSM Madurai

 
It’s no surprise that postgraduates have more job opportunities than undergraduates. And the most popular PG course in India has to be MBA. But not all can get into an MBA program, mainly due to its entrance exams. 

I wrote TANCET(one of the entrance exams particularly for the B schools in Tamil Nadu) only because of my FOMO. All my friends were writing and I didn't want to miss out. I didn't start to prepare until the last 2 weeks. Only because I have practiced aptitude regularly since I was a child. And turns out I got a really good score, not what I expected at all. But still, my parents weren’t satisfied, so I googled the upcoming MBA examinations and came to know about MAT so I applied for it on the first day.


I had 2 months to prepare for it but I applied for colleges instead. I went through a 3-week research phase to find the perfect B school in all of India. I avoided foreign countries mainly because of the cost. As I didn’t want to go to north India due to climate and language reasons. I applied to 4 B schools only because I came to know that I probably won’t get into a good B school via counseling with my TANCET score. 


My choices were Alliance university, TSM ISSM, and PSG. I had my first interview with Alliance and the next with ISSM in the same week I attended and got selected in both. I received my interview call for TSM also in the same. It seemed like faith. I attended the interview with the same confidence I had for the first of both my interviews. To be honest, I don't think I've ever been that confident. 


After a group discussion and a personal interview a few minutes later I was pretty confident I nailed the interview and the GD. 


After a long wait of 1 week, I received my call letter. After that, I got into research mode again to look for the best bank for a loan for the total fees of 9 lakhs. (Tip: always look at the bank that has connections with your university)


With all this research I forgot to prepare for my MAT exam. So thinking I was going to fail, I wrote my best. I didn't care about it because I already got selected so there was no use in writing it anyway. 


But I guess luck was on my side because I got a really good mark on it too. So I had 2 months until my college started and I simply wasted it, to be honest. My classes started in August. It was online at first. And after a month of zoom calls, and the government's order college opened on 6th September. Since it’s a residential program I went a day before to get settled into a hostel.


It’s almost 2 months now and I feel like I've already learned so much both about management and life. I would definitely say this is the best part of my life so far. Something I would recommend everyone to experience at least once in their life.


Comments